Evolution of Biltmore Farms
In the midst of the construction of Biltmore House, in 1897, George W. Vanderbilt founded Biltmore Dairy Farms. Originally intended to support his estate and test innovative agricultural theories, the venture, with its surplus production, evolved into a large-scale commercial operation.
By the mid-1900s, Biltmore Farms had become a major supplier of milk and ice cream for five southeastern states. Pet, Inc. acquired the dairy business in the 1980s. Under the direction of Vanderbilt’s grandson, George H.V. Cecil, and great-grandson, current Biltmore Farms’ President John F.A.V. Cecil, the company has evolved into one of Western North Carolina’s most prominent community development firms. Today, the company’s more than one hundred employees build and operate residential homes, planned communities, and commercial and hotel properties throughout the greater Asheville region.
Biltmore Farms Portfolio
Biltmore Farms Communities
In addition to Biltmore Lake, Biltmore Farms also offers these fine communities:
- The Ramble Biltmore Forest: Inspired by the legacies of George W. Vanderbilt and iconic landscape architect Frederick Law Olmsted, The Ramble features luxury homes and homesites in a park-like setting directly in the midst of Asheville’s amenities and ever-present charms.
Biltmore Farms Homes
Biltmore Farms Homes focuses attention on closely-held values of customer service, structural integrity, fine craftsmanship, lasting quality, and environmental sensitivity. Its work as a quality builder through the years has come to life in The Ramble, Biltmore Forest, Biltmore Lake, Southcliff, Holly Springs, and Fox Run Preserve. Clients benefit from detailed design consultations, efficient build times, quality and cost controls. Biltmore Farms Homes provides a comprehensive one year warranty and a 10 year limited structural warranty for its residential products.
Biltmore Farms Commercial
- Doubletree Biltmore Hotel: Just outside the historic Biltmore Estate and on the outskirts of Biltmore Village, the Doubletree Biltmore is an idyllic destination for a vacation, company meeting or special event. Features include the Vanderbilt Executive Tower, an indoor pool, wireless internet and ultra comfortable guest accommodations.
- Hilton Asheville: A Silver LEED® Certified hotel, Hilton Asheville welcomes guests as an innovative and luxurious home-away-from-home for vacation, business trip, or visit to Western North Carolina. The first green hotel of its kind in the region, the building features a large-scale solar water heating system and an array of energy efficient features. The property, located in Biltmore Park Town Square, also includes an on-site spa and event venues.
- Residence Inn Asheville Biltmore: If you are planning an extended stay in Asheville, the Residence Inn is a topflight choice. Its kitchens, living and work areas, grocery shopping services and exercise options work together to make every stay personally rewarding.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Asheville – Biltmore Village: This hotel property features a clean, modern design with vibrant colors reflecting the spirit of the City, as well as Biltmore Farms Hotels’ superior service respecting our Vanderbilt legacy.